Aqueous solution of calcium chloride. Product obtained by synthesis from the reaction between calcium hydroxide and hydrochloric acid in the correct quantities and conditions.
– Food additive in the production of beer and sugary drinks, remineralisation of desalinated water, in the cheese industry (providing calcium and speeding up coagulation), in fruit, preserves and vegetables by improving the firmness of the skin and the shelf life of the product.
– Additive in agriculture as a source of highly soluble calcium for the preparation of liquid fertilisers, as an ingredient in drinking water for the poultry industry to provide calcium to the bone structure and the eggshell and mineral balance.
– As an additive in manure to lower the pH and for ammonia volatilisation.
– As an additive in water to precipitate fluorides, sulphates and phosphates.
– Chemical reaction intermediate.